Wednesday 26 February 2014

Red is our favourite colour.

When I was  little  my dad used to dress me in bright red rain-gear when we walked on our beach
up north.When I was about seven we hiked the west - coast trail for the first time. Again.. I wore bright red sweaters and clothing. My first gore tex parka was red. My back-pack too.
So was our land-cruiser. The kayak was also was red come to think of it. 

I used to assume that vivid red was just his favourite colour. It was and still is. Then he told me that he dressed me that way for visibility in remote areas we spent a lot of time in. He liked being able to spot me in the landscape easily. It gave me the  freedom to wander further.

I thought that was a bit silly.
I really do love red. And I also like being able to spot our girl in the landscape easily. She  likes to wander ahead you see.











2 comments:

  1. Awesome amazing photo,..:).....<3,....much love,.....as always. She is so,....well,.some days I believe she will be amongst those who actually save the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We just want for her to be happy.

    ReplyDelete