Thursday 29 August 2013

Burning heaps of Negs and files makes way for Art



It's pouring rain at last ,so today is a good day to be editing .When it's wet out, it feels cozy to rummage through boxes and negatives.Have had a few good bonfires this year to cleanse the studio of negs and files. Six foot high bonfires.It's amazing how much fits into a bank of filing cabinets.Looks so much bigger when it's  piled into a heap in the front yard .Only holding onto a few commercial bits and pieces.And of course I am keeping my personal work.It's nice to hold onto some commercial stuff .I feel proud of a lot of it ,but it seems crazy to hold onto all of it .
This is not a "duty" cleanse..it is a "yay" cleanse.I will have lots of space for a new work table , and lots of clarity too.
The studio will be an Art studio from now on.
I shot this black & white image at  my  Carlaw Studio in Toronto.I won't burn it.

2 comments:

  1. HAHA! Had to laugh when I read this.
    We had a flood in Toronto this summer.
    My storage locker got it bad! Lost a ton of old negs, mostly old weddings. Was happy to be rid of it and my locker needed a cleaning anyways. Now watch I will probably get that call from a 10 year client wanting their negs! ;>)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Burn them !! IT's too much fun.

    ReplyDelete