Wednesday 14 August 2013

Eco-Fashion Show Fun

  Recently we had an Eco-Fashion show here on Hornby Island.It was so much fun to see the local women become models.Organic farmers and herbalists, cooks, mid-wives, musicians.These women from all sorts of interesting backgrounds all agreed to come out that evening to model my clothes.And wow were they good.I can honestly say that I was impressed with their ability to shed the gum-boots and walk the runway.For most of them it was a first.
For me it certainly was.I was never a fashion designer...not really.I learned some fashion design stuff at the tail end of my Toronto life.Purely on a whim ..just to add to the bag of tricks really.And to have some fun.
For me Toronto was all about being a commercial photographer.So I have a ton of experience directing models..lighting, etc.etc.. (working with  Canada's best fashion stylists  doesn't hurt  either I guess) So anyhow ,I had a great time and was humbled by the purity and expressiveness of these women. I would never  dismiss the amazing models I  worked  with in Toronto .They were great..truly great., but somehow these small island girls with rough hands and interesting lives carry clothes differently.And it is a difference that at this stage in my life I can really appreciate.


No comments:

Post a Comment