Friday 23 August 2013

Garden Chaos is my Dream.


I like my garden to be right on the edge of horticultural-chaos.Big ,billowy and a bit over -the-top.That final vision will take a few more years.I started with gravel on conglomerate (crappy soil ) I plant lots of stuff that is hard to kill.And lots of freebie stuff too...roadsidia.That way if anything struggles where I plunk it..I can pull it out without tears.I sort of abide by the  every-plant -for -itself philosophy.No hot-house babies  here.Lots of better gardeners than me live on Hornby Island.They nurture the soil, they haul manure and sea-weed.They pull weeds..I can  respect their  earnest approach...they know a lot of stuff about plants.Well..I am happy to drink a glass of chilled white in the midst of whatever grows easily.Cheers.


No comments:

Post a Comment